Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2018

I haven't written for so long I am sure no one is even reading anymore. However, I feel compelled to write some kind of an update.

For the years since returning from China so much has changed and happened!
1) I became a school administrator (a school principal, to be exact).
2) I studied for and received a Masters degree in education
3) Became a farmer! after 3 years of researching and deciding, have finally found a small hobby farm (to rent for now) to raise our own food on.
4) I fell in an out of love with a person I almost married (thankfully found out what a liar he was before I actually signed any paperwork).
5) I discovered I had breast cancer and have since recovered from surgery and recently found out my prognosis is very good and without any radiation/chemotherapy I will have a good survival rate.
6) Also, in this past year, things got really tough after my son was sexually assaulted and developed severe Post traumatic stress disorder in response to the level of violence of the attack. As a result of his illness he has had to be removed from school and is now being home schooled. Of course, to home school your son when you are a principal of a school is difficult so I had to resign my position for this school year. The school division I am working for has been incredibly supportive through my difficulties and offered me a position working from home managing their new home education program.

So I live in northern Alberta on a small hobby farm. I recently survived breast cancer and will spend the winter home schooling my son, managing a new home education program for a school division and researching how to buy and manage animals. I am thinking sheep, a cow and chickens to start. Some people talk about goats and alpacas but I don't know about those yet. My posts will be quite different than my world traipsing posts from before!

No comments:

Post a Comment